Friday, January 14, 2011

it's all in YOUR hands

I attended a yoga class last night with my sister and her office mates. It was relaxing, I think I even feel asleep at some point. Or maybe its because of the time, 8pm. Well, anyway, after the yoga, we had snacks and my sister warned me the morning before that I might feel out of place because their bound to talk about work. Well, they did, but instead of feeling out of place, I felt enlightened by their discussion. Right after I've been converted to Mraz-ism, I really wanted to try out yoga because I thought practicing yoga could make me a better person on the whole, soul, body and mind in a sense that i would be more humanistic and stuff. But, when I heard their stories about work, I was surprised to find out that yoga doesn't make you a better person. YOU make you a better person. They talked about how their bosses are so like this and like that. Not that I'm trying to wash my hands on such acts, but i thought since their practicing yoga, they might've had an epiphany of some kind already. Because I thought, when you practice yoga, you're all about the welfare of yourself and others around you, but no. They take yoga as something to relieve stress, which is true, but I see yoga much more than that, I see yoga as something that could reveal me to myself and to others. well, anyway, i'd still like to practice yoga, but i want something much more intense and a self-fulfilling yoga. I might try Bikram yoga or something...

And on other news...I found this on Yahoo! News and I found it interesting and heart-warming. It a video of a little girl who sang the national anthem for a hockey game when her mic got cut-off it might've been a disaster and she might not want to sing ever again after that but..see how the audience reacted..




have a happy weekend!
Toletski <3

No comments:

Post a Comment