Saturday, December 25, 2010

Lovely Magic

Last Friday, was the annual Paskuhan celebration of our university. It has been a must-see for everyone, even from neighboring universities, because of its amazing live-bands, raffles, food, and the much anticipated fireworks display. For the last four years, I've been attending this event with friends, who changes each year. But since my second year, I only have one person that I wanted to attend the event with. This last Paskuhan, that wish was granted.
My block mates decided, since its going to be our last Paskuhan together as college students, that we watch the fireworks display together, and then proceed to one of our classmate's apartment and have an after party of some sort. Of course, it was a jolly good idea for all of us! But, to tell you honestly, I never expected it to turn out to be something more special for me.
We went to the open field where they held the concert and we waited for the fireworks display, laughing, taking pictures and goofing around. They said that the fireworks are due at 10:30, but then 10:30 came and went, still, not one spark was seen. Filipino time! Well, anyway, we waited, oh so patiently! When the new university hymn was sang, everybody looked up, I positioned myself to where he can easily see me. Surprisingly, after the first boom, his hand was on my shoulder. A little while later, he let his arm down and it ended intertwined with my arm. Of course I noticed, but, I didn't make a move to remove his arm from mine. We watched the sparks filling the cloudless sky, me, hardly daring to move my arm that is wrapped around his afraid that he might withdraw it thinking that I don't want it there, which is the complete opposite of how I feel.
After the last spark burnt out, his hand fell on mine, touching, but not really holding, lingering for a moment too long. I savoured the moments our skins made contact, until, they've decided to go back to the apartment, the magic broke, with the last smoke that remained of the magnificent fireworks display, I decided to let go.

I like the feel of his body against mine when they took our picture, almost hugging. Soft, warm, just the way I like it. Made to fit, like a glove. I almost thought that we might even be made for each other, but, I've known the answer long before I've finished the details of this new fantasy.

magically mesmerizing.
It was the best Paskuhan fireworks I have ever experienced, so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment